2. Where is your home located? Hampton , Virginia (About 30-45 min from Williamsburg & Virginia Beach
3. Age (a range is okay if you're uncomfortable) 39
4. Family status : Myself, the wife, 2 kids and an assortment of pets.
Hi there, I just found this community, I've got a question about Cabinets folks here might be able to help me with.
We're currently in the last stages of remodeling the 2nd floor of my home. Trim work to finish, then final Electrical! yay!
I have a quandary.
Basically I have one long wall in the upstairs family room, that would be PERFECT for a long cabinet.
I'm imagining a 3-4 doors with the roll out shelving, so the kids can load the CRAP out of the shelves and still be able to reach everything. Drawers may do well, but it feels like if you lose usable space more w/ drawers than with the roll out shelving.
The Problem is, I have a Very Narrow stair well to bring cabinets upstairs. In fact, the pass-through opening on the stairs is even narrower. So given that my Stairwell is only 29" wide, and I am reasonably sure that my pass-through is only about 23" wide..
How do I get GOOD Cabinets, that will fit up the stairs?
1. Buy off the shelf at Home Depot/Lowes, cut the backs off the cabinets. (Messy and unlikely to work)
2. Kit Bought from Home Depot/Lowes and order to a custom depth?
3. Custom Cabinets from local cabinet maker. (EXPENSIVE! I think..)
Anyone have suggestions? I might be able to pass something through the 2nd floor windows, but that would require renting a lift to get stuff up to the 2nd floor.